Monadnock OBGYN we are able to offer you OB/GYN ultrasounds here in the
office. The ultrasounds are ordered by your provider, performed by a
registered sonographer, and interpreted by a physician.
ultrasound serves, in a way, as a "physical" exam of the fetus. It can
provide valuable information about the fetus's health and well-being,
- Age of fetus
- Whether there is more than one fetus
- Rate of growth
- Position of fetus and placenta
- Heart rate and fetal movements
Detection of many types of birth defects: such as defects of the fetal
head, spine, chest, limbs, and heart.
- Markers for Downs Syndrome and other Syndromes
Gynecological (pelvic) ultrasounds are also done here in our office.
Common indications for pelvic ultrasounds include pelvic pain, abnormal
vaginal bleeding, infertility, and suspicion of an abnormality on a
manual gynecolgic exam.
Most insurance companies cover at least
one routine ultrasound during a pregnancy. Please check with your
insurance provider to verify coverage for all other ultrasounds.
Karen L. Glenny RTR, RDMS, RDCS
- Yale New Haven School Of Ultrasonography
- Burbank School of Radiologic Technology
- Registered in OB/GYN, Abdomen, and Cardiac 1986, 1987
- AIUM certified
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
- high-risk obstetrical ultrasound
- gynecological ultrasound